Friday, August 29, 2008

Millie has starting talking a lot more

Yesterday when I dropped Millie off at the babysitter's house, I asked her, while we were still in the car, if she wanted to go see Gavin and Blake? And she said, "Ga-bin."

Then when I picked her up yesterday afternoon, I asked her if she could say, "Gavin" and she said, "Gabin" and then she said "Blake" (not doing the "k" but you knew what she was saying.

So on the way home I was saying words and getting her to repeat words, such as "car" "book"
"bear" "dog" "Bella" ....and now my mind has gone blank. But she is really trying to say some words now. Her world is definitely opening up, all around her.

We look at family pictures and I'll point to different people in the photo and ask her who it is. She'll say, "Papa" "Nana" "Momma" "Dada"; she tries to say "Ryan" too.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

My little Eli is trying to say more and more...but he can't get words out. We're working on beginning sounds! He also learned the sign for more! It's fun to see how they like to learn. How do we keep that up for 21 or more years?