Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm so proud of Millie

Last night, Millie fed herself - all by herself - (well, with a little bit of my help). I fixed in the crockpot some chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes and then came home and cooked some 90-sec. rice and added that to the pot. I fixed both of us a bowl of it (Jacade was out of town) and we sat down at the table and said the blessing; which, by the way, Millie will usually hold my hand while we say it and then clap her hands when I say "Amen."

So I put some food on her spoon, handed her the spoon and she would direct it into her mouth. Then I would praise her and praise her and you could just see the excitement in her eyes. She ate the whole bowl of food. She kept saying more and doing the "more" sign and kept taking the spoon from me. There were a few times when I wouldn't praise her immediately and she would look at me, smile and then clap her hands, as if to say, "Look, Mom. I did it! Clap for me!" which I would then do. It was great.

Then we shared an Edy's Frozen Tropical Fruit Bar and she definitely said more for that!

My little baby Millie is growing up. We are working a little bit on transitioning from the bottle to the cup. I think it's hard for me because I don't want to let go that she is growing up. I think it's hard for her because she just likes to drink out of the bottle. She only has milk out of the bottle though and at the babysitter's house, she doesn't drink from a bottle at all. I guess Mom's a push-over.

No comments: