Thursday, August 21, 2008

Will Millie talk sooner or later?

I was talking to someone at church last night about Millie doing sign language and her comment was that she thought it was a good thing, but that kids that learn sign language often talk later than kids that don't.

I thought about that on the way home and I don't think that's the case with Millie. She is already talking (not extremely clear) but she can say a handful of words. But she can also sign about 15 words, which I think is quite an accomplishment for a 15-mo. old. She is learning manners before she can actually talk on consistent basis. And she picks up on things so quickly.

This morning I was showing her another sign for dog - sticking your tongue out and panting and I showed her two times and she was trying to do it. She wasn't sticking out her tongue but she was trying to pant. She's quick about everything.

Only time will tell for when she will start talking on a regular basis but I am happy with her progress so far. She's a smart girl.

No comments: