Thursday, March 19, 2009

This is BIG!!!

Last night, before bed, Millie had her usual 3 oz of milk before bed and went to sleep (slept all night too). This morning, I had to wake her up and take her to school because Jacade got up early to go fishing with Stoney. So when I woke her up, I felt her diaper and she was......DRY! Yes, all night, she didn't use the bathroom. Whoa...this is big! So I told her that she was going to the potty. She didn't want to at first but I was so excited. She finally agreed and sat on the potty. And she PEED.....A LOT! And I was clapping my hands and praising her like crazy and told her that I was going to tell everybody! She was smiling too!

The other evening, I was cooking dinner and Jacade was talking to Kelly in the dining room and we both hear the toilet lid slam. "Jacade, go see what Millie is up to, please." He went in the bathroom and she had taken off her diaper, used the bathroom, had dumped the pee in the potty and was about to wash out the container. What? She's only 22 months old and she's doing this? So we praised her again.... A LOT!

I think she is just potty-training herself. We're not pushing her but are trying to be very encouraging and praising her afterwards.

1 comment:

Marsh 'n' Jen said...

That IS big! Congrats to the whole family.