Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ouch....Hot!!!

Last night, I was cooking one of those "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" meals, trying to use up small amounts of food we had in the fridge/freezer. I was using both the stove and the oven. I was pulling the food out of the oven and putting it on the plates when I looked up and Millie had reached her hand up and touched the *hot* griddle that I had just cooked a grilled cheese on. I screamed, she screamed and cried. I yelled for Jacade and he came down from the barn. She cried for awhile but we put water on it and then dipped it in some milk. She kept wanting us to kiss it, which we did.

Later on, we asked her, "Are you going to touch the stove again?" And she replied, "No."

Hopefully she has learned her lesson. It didn't burn it too bad; just a little blister on two of her fingertips. Sometimes lessons have to be learned the hard way.

No comments: