Monday, February 23, 2009

"Momma, I made a mess!"

Yesterday afternoon, Millie was supposed to be resting in her bed (preferably sleeping, but I'll take resting too) and as I was unloading the dishwasher I hear, coming out of her bedroom, "Momma. Momma. Momma. Momma," screaming to the top of her lungs. So I finally went in and found her "mess." Yes, she definitely made a mess. She had taken her diaper off and then peed in the bed and wanted to show me her "mess." I explained that we DO NOT pee in the bed and then changed her diaper. Thankfully she didn't poop. But I told her that maybe it was time that we start really potty-training. I think, if she is telling me that her diaper is wet and taking her diaper off and peeing, that maybe she is ready. What do you think?

3 comments:

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

I have no experience with that. Sorry I can't help.

Marsh 'n' Jen said...

Let me just say that today I cleaned up two poops and five pees in the span of four hours potty training Bella. The last one I somehow managed to record in an audio file - long story. Anyway, good luck with your training. We're still at square one, but square two is in sight! I hope...

Rebecca said...

Marshall, it's probably too early for Bella. I know it would be nice to have her potty-trained but she's just too young right now.