Friday, September 26, 2008

Millie took a shower - by herself

Millie gets a bath every night, in our huge kitchen sink. But last night, the sink was full of dishes (I know, I know...) so I decided to let Millie take a shower...by herself. Several times, Jacade and I have gotten in the shower with Millie and taken a shower. But last night, I was not in the mood to take a shower, so I just put her in.

And she loved it. She would walk through the water towards the drain and then turn around and walk back. She would get water in her face and make funny faces, and then sit down and play with her bath cups. At one point, she just stood there with the water hitting her back, like it just felt wonderful.

Then I told her it was time to get out and I turned off the water and she stacked up her cups and got out. No fussing whatsoever. We might start doing this more often. I would really like to get a hand-held shower faucet and put her in a big Rubbermaid box and let her play like that, but we haven't done that yet.

No comments: