Monday, June 15, 2009

Millie ate something new

Jacade and I were given a gift certificate to Gritz Restaurant in Forsyth, and decided to use it Saturday night. (Gritz was gracious enough to allow us to use the coupon b/c the coupon expired in 2006). Mawt Maw watched Millie so we could go out for Date Night.

We arrived early in the evening, which was great, because there really wasn't anyone there yet. The atmosphere and ambience were great, as were all the artwork on the walls. We started off with an appetizer, Fried Green Tomatoes with shrimp. We then ordered our drinks. Jacade got a Stella Artois and I got a Lemon Drop Martini. For our entrees, Jacade had steak and shrimp, and I ordered grilled salmon with sauteed spinach with a provolone cheese sauce and potatoes. Our meals came with their house salad. There wasn't much to the salad, but it was so delicious (lettuce that had been tossed with a vidalia onion dressing with cranberries and spiced pecans). Needless to say, everything was delicious and I had to take home the rest of my dinner.

Which is where the post title comes in. On Sunday after church, Millie and I shared the leftovers. And yes, she actually ate several small pieces of grilled salmon. Yes!!! Another thing she likes. I was so excited!!!

No comments: