Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Millie is now using sign language

I started working with Millie when she was about 6 months old, using the sign language. I started with "more" and "milk". A couple of months ago, she just started saying "more, more," but I continued to show her the sign.

As of last week, she started doing the "more" sign and I was so proud of her. She can also do the "eat" sign and the "milk" sign and every once in awhile, "diaper change." I've also been working on "thank you" and sometimes it seems like she does it, but it looks like she is blowing a kiss (that will work!)

This morning she woke up and did the "more" sign and I corrected and told her that she actually wanted to "eat" and probably have some "milk" so she did the appropriate signs and we said, "Good job!"

At our church picnic on Sunday afternoon, she was sitting in her stroller having a snack of Cheerios and she started whining because she wanted more. And I asked her, "Millie, is that how you ask for more Cheerios?" And she stopped whining and did the "more" sign. And I said, "Yes, that's how you ask for it" and I gave her more Cheerios. That simple. So she totally understood exactly what I said. She is a smart baby.

I am going to have to get some pictures of her doing the signs and post them on here.

No comments: