Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Millie is quite the observer

I think Millie has a photographic memory....

She can watch me do something a couple of times, and then she is repeating the same behavior. For instance, we have a device that we use to turn the Christmas lights on to where you don't have to plug/unplug every time; you just step on this device and it turns on/off. Well, I've held her just about every time that I've turned them on and the other night, she went over to the tree and decided to turn off the lights, using her foot to press the device. Smart little booger.

She had some thawed dark cherries at Nana and Papa's house (she didn't want them to begin with and then had some of the juice and was in heaven at that point). On Sunday, for lunch, she had some more cherries that I bought at Publix on Saturday. Jacade was feeding her each cherry and when we told her they were all gone, she said, "Juice." She remembered that she loved the dark cherry juice.

She is just so smart and is soaking everything up right now. We've been trying to emphasize that instead of whining, that she use her words (or sign language) and most of the time she will do a little whining, but use the sign language or try to say whatever she wants. So this morning, at 3:30 a.m., she was awake in her room, crying and I went in and she was standing in her bed, doing the sign for "eat." So I got her up and gave her some Cheerios and then she went back to bed. But I was so thankful that she did know the sign language and I knew exactly what she wanted. What a relief, even if it was 3:30 in the morning and I was exhausted.

No comments: