Friday, April 18, 2008

1 year birthday coming up soon

I can't believe that Millie is about to turn one years old. I feel like just yesterday that I was pregnant (but I don't miss having to use the bathroom all the time, or the swollen feet). Other than that, it was a great pregnancy and she has been a great baby. It has been a fun time. I couldn't imagine how you could love someone so much and then the next day, love them that much more.

I've learned a lot about being a mother and I feel proud of my progress. No one can prepare you for what's ahead, until you experience it for yourself. But I don't regret it for one second. Sometimes I just stand in Millie's room while she is sleeping and just watch her sleep. I've been tempted just to wake her up so I can hold and cuddle with her just one more time (but I don't - I wait til the morning!)

She is really growing up so fast and she is so smart and such a happy baby. We went to the zoo recently and despite missing her nap, she was an angel - never cried one time. She just amazes me everyday.

No comments: