Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm a Snuggle Bunny






We were trying to decide what to dress Millie up for Halloween this year. To be honest, it's not an important holiday to me and I don't really see the point in spending a lot of money on an outfit she will wear for a few hours. We toyed around with the idea of being a princess and at one point, she wanted to be Kitara from Avatar, the Last Airbender. But all of those costumes were $20-30 - definitely out of my budget and price range.

Then, I was putting her to bed one night and it dawned on me.... A Snuggle Bunny! And you might ask, what is a Snuggle Bunny? When we put Millie to bed, we read a few books, then turn on the music and lie in the bed with her for a few songs. And we call that Snugglebunnying! I mentioned it to Millie and she thought it was a great idea.

My wheels started turning about how to put this costume together. I thought about getting a bunny suit and putting a blanket around her. I was talking to Lexi about it and she suggested just putting her in a blanket sleeper and putting a pair of bunny ears on her. PERFECT! Guess what? We had all of the components for a great costume, right in her room! And it didn't cost me a dime.

She was an adorable Snuggle Bunny for sure! We went to Hallelujah Night at Rock Springs Friday night to eat corndogs and play the games to get candy. Millie wasn't too interested in standing in the lines to play a game because she had her eye on something bigger and better - inflatables! She did play a few games but decided to jump and climb up the big slide. She had a great time.

At one point, she and her friend, Abigayle, switched costumes (very typical of the two). Millie transformed into a butterfly and Abs became a bunny rabbit!

No comments: